PIX11 News Wins 6 Emmy Awards
PIX WINS 6: INCLUDING BEST BREAKING NEWS, BEST SPOT NEWS, BEST ON-CAMERA TALENT, BEST RELIGION: NEWS/FEATURE AND BEST PUBLIC/CURRENT/COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
NEW YORK, March 20, 2016—PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship television station is pleased to announce the station has been honored with 6 Emmy® Awards by the New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. To date, PIX11 has won over 300 Emmy® Awards.
The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences’ 59th Annual New York Emmy® Awards honor outstanding achievement in the television industry during the eligibility period of September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015. NY NATAS’ 59th Annual New York Emmy® Award Ceremony was held on Saturday, March 19 at The Marriott® Marquis Times Square.
The following are PIX11’s 6 Emmy® Award wins:
- North Brunswick Warehouse Fire. July 22, 2015. (WPIX). Amy Waldman, News Director; Monica Morales, Anthony DiLorenzo, Reporters; Vincent Shields, Photojournalist; Chuck Carter, Senior Executive Producer; Dawn Howes, Photographer; David Kalmowitz, Director; Brynne Gadinis-Anstadt, Producer; Sukanya Krishnan, Anchor.
- Eric Garner Midtown Manhattan Grand Jury Roving Protest. December 4, 2014. (WPIX). Jay Dow, Correspondent.
ON-CAMERA TALENT: ANCHOR – NEWS
- Tamsen Fadal. October 29, 2014 (WPIX)
ON-CAMERA TALENT: REPORTER – LIVE
- Monica Morales. February 2, 2015. (WPIX)
- Fight Church. November 18, 2014. (PIX11.com). Dan Mannarino, Reporter.
- Heroin, A to Z. November 9, 2014. (WPIX). Mary Murphy, Reporter/Producer; Kenton Young, Director of Photography; David Scanlon, Editor; Jeremy Tanner, Digital/Social Producer.
“I’m extremely proud of the PIX11 News team, being recognized for Breaking News Coverage, Spot News, Live Reporting and Best Anchor reaffirms the commitment our team has made to our viewers,” said Amy Waldman, News Director. “Our goal is to connect with the community and go in depth as stories break, and it is rewarding to be recognized for the station’s hard work,” said Amy Waldman, News Director.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence including 300 Emmy® Awards (two for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Awards for Outstanding Newscast.) PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. PIX11 is also the broadcast station of the New York Mets, since 1999. In 2014, PIX11 announced a long-term, exclusive content and marketing partnership with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. PIX11 is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.